NOTE: if you are pregnant and need help with opioids, call 734-368-9871 and ALSO call IHA at 734-712-8700. If it is an emergency, go to Labor and Delivery at your Obstetrician's hospital or SJMH in Ann Arbor.
Carl has moved to the IHA Recovery Medicine (734-712-8700) at the Reichert Building at St Joes Hospital.. He will continue as the Medical Director for the Michigan Health Recovery Program and Dawn Farm. Cathy will be continuing her work with Olive, our Therapy Dog, at local nursing homes (on hold during Coronavirus). Stan (The Man) and Bea (Bellatrix) crossed the Rainbow Bridge recently, and we miss them!
We have three new rescue cats (Vito, Louie and Lilly) and a new rescue senior Lab from Tennessee (Lucky Luciano). We are also fostering a Dachshund (Sydney)
We can no longer send in electronic prescriptions to patients. You will need to contact IHA for an appointment or contact another provider. As always, if you think that there is an emergency, call 911 or go the Emergency Department.
If you need records sent to another provider or need other paperwork, please send a request at: [email protected] This email is encyrpted but if your email provider does not have encryption you are responsible for your end. The first time that an email is sent to you from that address, you will be asked to set up a password.
We no longer have a HIPAA secure fax line and all record requests must be sent by email.
Please read below to find out how to continue your care (or get an appointment if you are a seeking care):
If you are being treated/seeking treatment for chemical dependency (addiction), please contact:
- IHA Recovery Medicine, Reichert Health Building, Suite 5011, 5333 McAuley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197.. Please call 734 712 8700 for an appointment.
- Packard Health, 3174 Packard Road, Ann Arbor 48108. Please call 734 474 0011 for an appointment (Dr. Christensen no longer works there but addiction services are available).
- Patients interested in treatment for chronic pain or addiction should contact IHA.
- If you are interested in Vivitrol, call IHA Recovery Medicine (734 712 8700) to make an appointment with Dr Randel.
- If you are interested in the Sinclair Method for alcohol, call IHA.
- If you are PREGNANT, please call our voicemail or email (see below); we will get you the earliest possible appointment!
- if you are pregnant and in withdrawal, and cannot reach any provider, go to your Labor and Delivery and ask for help.
- If you are being treated for chronic pain, please call IHA Recovery Specialists (above).
- If you are seeking detox services (ie, inpatient) you can also go to https://www.macmhb.org/membership/pihp to find out who would be funding your treatment, depending on where you live. If you are in Washtenaw County, call 734 669 8265; if you are in Wayne County, call 800 241 4949.
- if you are looking for treatment at Dawn Farm, call 734 669 8265.
- We are going to continue this website, our office voicemail and email address into 2019 (see below).
- We want to thank all our patients for allowing us to be involved in your care and your recovery. It has been a privilege to work with you!
Carl, Cathy, Sherrie, Tracy, Stacy.....and Olive!
Christensen Recovery Services
Carl W. Christensen, MD, PhD
Cathy M. Christensen, MSN, FNP-C