September 29, 2018: Our secure website status has been restored.
September 27, 2018:
Carl will be moving to the IHA Recovery Specialists and the Packard Clinic in Ann Arbor. He will continue as the Medical Director for the Michigan Health Recovery Program, Tolan Park Treatment Clinic, and Dawn Farm. Cathy will be continuing her work with Olive, our Therapy Dog, at local nursing homes.
Please read below to find out how to continue your care (or get an appointment if you are a seeking care):
If you are being treated/seeking treatment for chemical dependency (addiction), you can be seen at two different locations:
- The Packard Clinic, 3174 Packard Road, Ann Arbor 48108. Please call 734 474 0011 for an appointment (Wednesday afternoons)
- IHA Recovery Specialists, 4200 Whitehall Road, Ann Arbor, 48105. Please call 734 622 5016 for an appointment.
- WE WILL BE OPEN EVERY TUESDAY FOR OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER EXCEPT FOR OCTOBER 30TH. IF YOU CANNOT GET AN APPOINTMENT BEFORE YOUR PRESCRIPTION RUNS OUT, CALL US AT 734 368 9871 AND COME BY ON A TUESDAY FOR ANOTHER PRESCRIPTION.
- make sure that your insurance is accepted at either location when you call for an appointment; if not, try the other office.
- If you are interested in Vivitrol, call the Packard Clinic.
- If you are interested in buprenorphine (Suboxone, Zubsolv) call either office.
- If you are interested in the Sinclair Method for alcohol, call either office.
- If you are PREGNANT, please call our voicemail or email (see below); we will get you the earliest possible appointment!
- If you are being treated for chronic pain, please call IHA Recovery Specialists (above).
- If you are seeking detox services (ie, inpatient) you can also go to https://www.macmhb.org/membership/pihp to find out who would be funding your treatment, depending on where you live. If you are in Washtenaw County, call 734 669 8265; if you are in Wayne County, call 800 241 4949.
- We are going to continue this website, our office voicemail and email address into 2019 (see below).
- If you wish to have your records sent to a new provider, please fax a release form (from your new provider) to 734-212-2121. You can also stop by the office on any Tuesday in October (except Oct 30) or November to fill out a release form and we will fax your records to a new provider.
- Please contact us directly at [email protected] or (734) 368-9871. You can also use our "contact us" form on this website.
We want to thank all our patients for allowing us to be involved in your care and your recovery. It has been a privilege to work with you!
Carl, Cathy, Sherrie, Tracy, Stacy.....and Olive!
Christensen Recovery Services
Carl W. Christensen, MD, PhD
Cathy M. Christensen, MSN, FNP-C